Feedback Link

Mar 19, 2009

Movie Cataloguing Software

I just had a question from Cerpts over at The Land Of Cerpts And Honey about movie-collection databases, so I thought I'd share the software that we use for our DB. It's Movie Organizer and it works fairly simply. Type in a movie name, hit F7 and it searches both Movie Organizer's own database as well as The Internet Movie Data Base for the film. Printing out a listing is fairly simple, too. It's freeware and has been around for over 10 years.

Of course, not every bit of software suits everyone, and this one is PC only, so give it a go if you like and let me know what you think.

1 comment:

Dave Brandt said...

Hi Terry,

I've been looking through the site, looking for the initial group of podcasts when I came upon this post. I've been using Plex (www.plexapp.com) for the last couple of years. It's like that except that I also store the movies in a format like mp4, tell it the name and year of the movie, and it (should) download the info & cover art. Then the database is searchable & it can play the movie on the TV or mobile device of your choice. It gets rid of that pile of DVDs in the corner, which became ridiculous.