1) Beyonce Knowles is an android.
2) Ben Stiller and Adam Sandler sold their souls to Satan to get movie careers. In the alternate universe where they didn’t, Ben is hosting Red Eye and Adam has Bill Schulz’s job on the same show.
3) Don’t bother seeing Tenacious D and the Pick of Destiny. I have the sight of Kyle Gass’ bum burned into my retinae and the ophthalmologist says that she can’t do anything about it.
4) Any movie that has any one of the following actors in it is at least watchable: Lee Marvin, Christopher Walken, Steve Buscemi, Robert Mitchum, Roger Wagner, Simon Pegg, Clive Owen, Edward Everett Horton, Hans Conreid, Anna Faris, Eve Arden, Takeshi Kitano, Hoagy Carmichael, Warren Oates, Susan Tyrell, Pam Grier, Lee Remick, Linda Fiorentino and Ida Lupino.
5) In spite of what I said in my review of “The Power”, remakes are generally a bad idea. Only two genre film remakes have been better than the original – The Thing and The Fly. That is not a good percentage rate.
6) Time Magazine’s List of 100 Best TV Shows of All-Time(sic) is at least partly bullshit. I only agree with 14% of that list. Where are shows like Have Gun, Will Travel, It Takes A Thief, I Spy, The Outer Limits, Roald Dahl’s Tales of the Unexpected, Fractured Flickers, Hamish Macbeth, The League of Gentlemen, Spaced…? Add your own to the list.
7) Michael Bay is to action movies what William Hung is to singing and Pauline Hanson is to politics.
8) Tonight’s movie viewing is Danny Boyle’s Sunshine and probably TMNT.